A Cookie is a file that is downloaded to your computer when you access certain web pages. Cookies enable a website, among other things, store and retrieve information about a user or your computer browsing habits and, depending on the information that is provided and the way you use your computer, can be used to recognize the user.
Cookies are essential for the functioning of the internet, providing countless advantages in providing interactive services, providing navigation and usability of our website. The information provided below will help you understand the different types of cookies:
ACCORDING TO THE ORGANIZATION THAN THE MANAGE
- Own cookies.They are those that are collected by the own editor to provide the service requested by the user.
- Third party cookies. They are those that are gathered and managed by a third party, these cannot be considered own.
ACCORDING TO THE TIME FRAME THAT REMAIN ACTIVATED
- Session cookies. Collect data while the user browsing the network with the purpose of providing the requested service.
- Persistent cookies.Are stored in the terminal and the information obtained will be used by the head of the cookie with the purpose of providing the requested service.
ACCORDING TO THEIR PURPOSE
- Technical cookies.They are necessary for correct navigation on the web.
- Personalization cookies.They allow the user features (language) for navigation through the website
- Website cookies. They allow the provider the analysis linked to navigation by the user, in order to keep track of use of the website, as well as statistics of the contents more visited, number of visitors, etc.
- Advertising cookies. Allow the editor include the Web, advertising, depending on the content of the web itself.
- Behavioral advertising cookies. They allow the editor include website advertising space according to the information obtained through the user’s browsing habits.
Pursuant to article 22.2 of the law 34/2002, of 11 July, of services of the information society and electronic commerce (LSSI-CE), CIC BioGUNE informs the cookies used on our website are all the previously explained.
Likewise, CIC bioGUNE informs the user that has the possibility to configure your browser to be notified of the receipt of cookies, and may, if it so wishes, prevent that they are installed on your hard drive.
Below we provide links to various browsers, through which you can complete that configuration: